Monday, March 31, 2014

E Turns 2!

+JMJ+

The Monday following a full weekend is always a day to play catch-up. Fortunately, the weather is cooperating with me today (read: rainy, rainy rain rain rain) so even though more rain kind of makes me want to pull my hair out, I will say "thank you for the excuse to stay home!" and go on with catching up. 

Late Thursday night (let's be honest-- it was early Friday morning), my sister and her family drove in to spend a long weekend with us! We spent Friday relaxing and I had the good fortune to introduce my sister to my best friends here when we all got together for lunch followed by a play-date. The evening was punctuated by a hilarious game of Wise and Otherwise with my sis and bro-in-law.* Saturday, we took advantage of a little break in the rainy rain rain rain to walk around the city. This was followed by an afternoon of grocery shopping and intense party prep because on Sunday, our little E turned 2!!!

We had a luncheon party with family and friends, which was only hampered slightly by the rain because we couldn't offer to let everyone go outside on the playground.  Yet despite a cold and a slightly grumpy demeanor, E seemed to have fun and she eventually embraced the chaos enough to enjoy opening her presents.  My sister and her beautiful little family departed that afternoon, as did my husband's parents who so graciously made the long drive just to be with us for the day. 

It was truly a long weekend of feeling supremely blessed by family and friends-- what a gift to receive at the mid-point of what has been a busy and trying Lent.  

And now, some eye candy from the weekend: 


Happy Godparents with ADORABLE Godson

E, G and S: cousins!!


*Also, for any reviewers who say that the game isn't fun, I have to snarkily reply: then you aren't clever enough to make it fun. If you write boring answers, the game will be boring. Duh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment